November has become synonymous with inspiration and celebration at UConn Health, with the annual employee recognition of milestone years of service ceremony and the presentation of the Dr. Peter J. Deckers Employee Appreciation Award.
This year’s winner is Jeff Boyko from the Department of Logistics Management.
The Dr. Deckers award is given to an outstanding employee who consistently demonstrates commitment and passion, strong leadership, exemplary professional skills, and commendable personal attributes, all in support of the UConn Health mission. This year’s four nominees were singled out of over 5,000 employees for displaying all these attributes with style, grace, and fortitude.
The 2018 Dr. Peter J. Deckers Employee Appreciation Award Nominees
- Jeff Boyko, director, Office of Logistics Management
(Nominated by Chad Bianchi, comptroller)
- Dave Casella, MTCE supervisor, Facilities Management and Operations
- (Nominated by Cliff Ashton, associate vice president, Facilities)
- Cathy Cassineri clinical coordinator, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center
- (Nominated by Linda Manzelli, director, Ambulatory Practices)
- Jody Gridley, executive assistant, Department of Neuroscience
(Nominated by Dr. Stephen Crocker, associate professor, Department of Neuroscience)
The November 19 event also recognized over 650 UConn Health employees achieving milestones of five, 10, 15 or 20 years of service.
“This is a fabulous occasion to feature the distinguishing, everyday contributions our employees make towards the enhancement of our UConn Health mission,” says Carolle Andrews, chief administrative officer and interim vice president of Human Resources.